Re: [Winpcap-users] Adapting WinPcap’s functionality for connecting to Wi-Fi access points (APs).

George S. Lockwood gslockwood at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 14:03:19 GMT 2006

Well, yes removing the 's works, but now another problem:

NDIS: Driver supports OID_802_11_CAPABILITY - NoOfPMKIDs 4 NoOfAuthEncrPairs
12
NDIS: driver capabilities: key_mgmt 0xf enc 0xf auth 0x3
Own MAC address: 00:16:6f:4e:02:c7
wpa_driver_ndis_set_wpa: enabled=1
ndis_get_oid: oid=0xd010101 len (6) failed
ndis_get_oid: oid=0xd010101 len (6) failed
ndis_get_oid: oid=0xd010101 len (6) failed
ndis_get_oid: oid=0xd010101 len (6) failed
Setting scan request: 0 sec 100000 usec
Added interface \Device\NPF_{556DEBC4-B686-4A77-A2D8-7F34F3A5708F}
NDIS: Failed to get SSID
Could not read SSID from driver.
ndis_get_oid: oid=0xd010101 len (6) failed
ndis_get_oid: oid=0xd010101 len (6) failed
ndis_get_oid: oid=0xd010101 len (6) failed
CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING - signal 2 received
Removing interface \Device\NPF_{556DEBC4-B686-4A77-A2D8-7F34F3A5708F}
State: DISCONNECTED -> DISCONNECTED
No keys have been configured - skip key clearing
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=0
EAPOL: External notification - portValid=0
wpa_driver_ndis_set_wpa: enabled=0
No keys have been configured - skip key clearing
Cancelling scan request

I guess I can look up the OID for 0xd010101 any ideas? did you see this?

also the SSID I gave it is valid.  does the key have to be 256 bit encoded?

george