R: [Winpcap-users] Sniffing every tot seconds..

Francesco Tabbita (IT) ingtabby at infinito.it
Wed Mar 1 09:22:53 GMT 2006

hi to all..thanks for your replies..

1) option read_timeout : i didn t understand from documentation what it
does..i think it is only a way to read many packets instead only one at same
time..

2) traffic arriving in non sniffing period must be delivered... i dont sniff
it but it is important too...

3)there is a way to stop the loop function and so stop sniffing??maybe
pcap_breakloop(   )?

i think i ll do as Vasily said:

1) start sniffing, remember the time of that moment.
2) after new packet received - check the current time if 3 seconds are
elapsed since item 1.
3) If not elapsed then continue sniffing.
4) else - sleep(10 seconds) and go to item 1.