[Winpcap-users] Borland C++ Builder 6

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Sun Mar 12 17:44:17 GMT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Mc Donnell" <glennconnelly at campus.ie>
To: <winpcap-users at winpcap.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 6:38 AM
Subject: [Winpcap-users] Borland C++ Builder 6

Hi,
Back in January I was asking for help compiling the WinPcap libraries with
Borland C++ Builder 6 and later said that I was switching to Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET 2003. But last week I found out that my college doesn't
support Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 and I have to switch back to C++
Builder.

Has anyone had any success with C++ Builder 6?? It seems that the people who
have had success were using the libraries from www.snoopanalyzer.com  or the
TJesNetcomponents from
http://delcomyn2.life.uiuc.edu/~reichler/TJesComponents/ and both of these
links are dead!

Does anyone know anywhere else I can find either snoop or TJesComponents?

Also the WinPcap faq says "If you want to use to Use WinPcap under C++
Builder (version 5.0)", is this implying the COFF2OMF.EXE converted
libraries won't work with C++ Builder versions past 5.0?

--GV--
Well, it merely means that noone has reported us how to use Borland C++
Builder 6.0  ;-))

I'm pretty sure it's possible to use Borland C++ 6.0 with some sort of hack
to convert the MS .lib files to the Borland ones,  but I have no exact idea
how...

Have you tried asking for help on some borland specific newsgroups, if any?

--GV--

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve.