[Winpcap-users] TCP stack resets connections established by WinPCap on XP SP2

Jacob Gnarly jacob.gnarly at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 23:04:00 GMT 2006

Well, I can't say I understand the solution but I have found the cause of
the strange SYN+ACK resetting behavior: the XP firewall. I had disabled my
firewall earlier in the week trying to eliminate possible causes of strange
behavior. I have fixed several other bugs in the application since then but
was never able to resolve the SYN+ACK -> RST problem. On a whim I turned my
firewall back on and the application started working! Thanks for your help
(the RFC was a good read).

Jacob