[Winpcap-users] Checking whether adapter is alive

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Wed Mar 22 23:49:54 GMT 2006

Gianluca Varenni wrote:
> The solution you propose (apart for possibly being dependent on the
> particular NT platform) is not effective, as it's not atomic

Dang, so that was too good to be true.  Oh well, I suppose.

> We are planning to work on this unbinding issue in the next weeks, in
> any case.

That's fine; I can wait.  I am wondering if there's anything I can do to
help, though.  (In particular, which function is called by windows when
the device is removed?  With that bit of information, I might have some
time over the next couple of days to see if I can figure out what that
function needs to do to fix the issue.  But I can just wait, too; either
way.)

Thanks!