[Winpcap-users] Re: problem using winpcap in VC++ MFC withwinsocksupport

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Tue May 2 15:05:43 GMT 2006

There can be two reasons for this problem:

1. wrong order of inclusions. Although it should *not* matter, it does:
pcap.h includes winsock2.h, and this inclusion usually conflicts with the
inclusion of winsock.h and windows.h. If you include both windows.h and
pcap.h, try to swap them.

2. you are using VC6, and you haven't installed the platform SDK for Visual
Studio6 (or you installed it, but you didn't register in within Visual
Studio). In this case, please download the latest PSDK *compatible with VC6*
which is available here
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/psdk-full.htm, and
register it within Visual Studio.

Hope it helps