[Winpcap-users] Compilation Error - Send queues

Marta Perez martaperez8819 at yahoo.ca
Tue May 2 16:19:46 GMT 2006

Thanks Gianluca,
    This morning I made the change you suggested, but then I got all the following errors (and assumed this wasn't right):

  SendQWin32 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl pcap_sendqueue_queue(struct pcap_send_queue *,struct pcap_pkthdr const *,unsigned char const *)" (?pcap_sendqueue_queue@@YAHPAUpcap_send_queue@@PBUpcap_pkthdr@@PBE at Z) referenced in function _main
  SendQWin32 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "struct pcap_send_queue * __cdecl pcap_sendqueue_alloc(unsigned int)" (?pcap_sendqueue_alloc@@YAPAUpcap_send_queue@@I at Z) referenced in function _main
  SendQWin32 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "unsigned int __cdecl pcap_sendqueue_transmit(struct pcap *,struct pcap_send_queue *,int)" (?pcap_sendqueue_transmit@@YAIPAUpcap@@PAUpcap_send_queue@@H at Z) referenced in function _main
  SendQWin32 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl pcap_sendqueue_destroy(struct pcap_send_queue *)" (?pcap_sendqueue_destroy@@YAXPAUpcap_send_queue@@@Z) referenced in function _main

  I might be totally wrong, but it sounds like I am missing out some #include directives...

  Thanks in advance,
  Marta

Gianluca Varenni <gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com> wrote:
          Marta,

  it's a known bug in the documentation (due to a "const" qualifier that was added to the prototype of pcap_next_ex(), without reflecting the change to the samples).

  Here is the patch to solve your problem (marked with <------)

    int caplen,
  sync;
  u_int res;
  pcap_send_queue *squeue;
  struct pcap_pkthdr *pktheader;
  const u_char *pktdata;      <------
  /* Check the validity of the command line */
  if (argc <= 2 || argc >= 5)
  {
  usage();
  return 0;