[Winpcap-users] Problems with Tutorial no.6 (UDP dump)

Vasily Borovyak vbor at isd.dp.ua
Wed May 3 08:22:12 GMT 2006

Hello Tomek.
I think you forgot to link WinSock2 library Ws2_32.lib.
I'll copypaste the MSDN page:

  htons

The *htons* function converts a *u_short* from host to TCP/IP network
byte order (which is big-endian).

*u_short* *htons(*
  *u_short* /hostshort/*
**);*

        Parameters

/hostshort/
    [in] 16-bit number in host byte order.

        Return Values

The *htons* function returns the value in TCP/IP network byte order.

        Remarks

The *htons* function takes a 16-bit number in host byte order and
returns a 16-bit number in network byte order used in TCP/IP networks.

        Requirements

*Client: *Requires Windows XP, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows NT
Workstation, Windows Me, Windows 98, or Windows 95.
*Server: *Requires Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 Server, or Windows
NT Server.
*Header: *Declared in Winsock2.h.
*Library: *Use Ws2_32.lib.

        See Also

Winsock Reference <winsock_reference.htm>, Winsock Functions
<winsock_functions.htm>, *htonl* <htonl_2.htm>, *ntohl* <ntohl_2.htm>,
*ntohs* <ntohs_2.htm>, *WSAHtonl* <wsahtonl_2.htm>, *WSAHtons*
<wsahtons_2.htm>, *WSANtohl* <wsantohl_2.htm>, *WSANtohs* <wsantohs_2.htm>

Best regards. Vasily Borovyak <vbor at isd.dp.ua>