[Winpcap-users] Howto use pcap_dump_open with no source (eg. just dump packets)??

tmm tmm at fastmail.fm
Fri May 5 22:45:50 GMT 2006

Hi.

I want to write an app that creates a WinPcap dump file.  I'm getting
the packets from some other source unrelated to WinPcap.

I can see that I need to call pcap_dump_open with a pcap_t*, so I need
to start by calling pcap_open.  But pcap_open doesn't seem to have any
options that are suitable for my situation.  For me, there is no
source.  Is there an alternative to calling pcap_open, or a way to
specify a null source?

Thanks,
Tom.