[Winpcap-users] WinPcap 3.1/WinPcap 3.1 beta

Steev H. steev at ifrance.com
Mon May 8 18:24:49 GMT 2006

Hi,

	I'm having a funny problem :)

	I am building a small application that snoops the network with
WinPCap.

	For that, I downloaded the "WinPcap 3.1 Developer's Pack" couple of
days ago, and I used it within my application.

	This works on my development machine, but I then wanted to test on a
separate machine that had WinPcap 3 beta 1 installed.

	This worked, but as I used the 3.1 "final" APIs I decided to migrate
to WinPcap 3.1 "final". My application is now crashing at startup and then
this is what I get in the Microsoft Event Log:

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	.NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	1000