[Winpcap-users] winpcap 3.2 and AMD64

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Tue May 9 13:35:02 GMT 2006

Betsy,

ss written in the changelog for the release of WinPcap 3.2a1, the port to x64 affects the driver, which is now 64 bit. The user level DLLs (packet.dll, wanpacket.dll, wpcap.dll) are still 32bit, so no modification should be done in your application, provided that you compile your app as a 32bit executable, which is normally what all the WinPcap based apps do. If you want to compile your app as a native 64bit app, then WinPcap at the moment does not support it, since we haven't ported the user level code to 64bit.

Hope it helps