[Winpcap-users] Readfile_ex

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Mon May 15 16:10:31 GMT 2006

Why are you trying to use the argv variable?

That is a pointer to an array of (read-only) strings passed as arguments to the main of you app, hence it should NOT be used as an argument to fgets.

You should use your own char array, like

int main()
{
    char text[512];
    fgets(text, 512, stdin);
}

The reason why "*argv = "save"; " works is probably because you are assigning a constant string to *argv, so you are not overwriting memory (but this is just speculating over buggy code).