[Winpcap-users] Filters in a multi-threading application

Marcel van Lieshout marcel at hmcs.nl
Sat May 20 18:07:50 GMT 2006

Hello,

I'm working on an application where (through winpcap) packets are received
and sent. I have created two threads: one will only receive packets, the
other will only send packets. Both threads have their own handle to the same
adapter.

Because the sender never receives packets, it never calls pcap_next (or one
of the other packet retrieving functions). Only pcap_sendpacket() is used.
Which filter should I set to let the driver know about this? I was thinking
of something a filter like "len <= 1". Will this work? Sending packets
should not be limited by the filter in any way.

Thank you!

Marcel