[Winpcap-users] Winpcap adapter names

Marcel van Lieshout marcel at hmcs.nl
Fri May 26 08:40:26 GMT 2006

I moved from wizpcap3.1 to 4.0 alpha 1. At the same time I replaced calls to
pcap_findalldevs by pcap_findalldevs_ex. I'm not sure which change caused
the "issue" below.

The network adapters now have a name like "Network adapter 'adaptername' on
local host". When displaying the adapters in a dropdown box, this looks
messy. Is there a standard way to just get the adapternames? If not, would
it be safe to scan for the single quotes to obtain it?

Marcel

BTW
PCAP_OPENFLAG_NOCAPTURE_LOCAL functions as expected, thanks for 4.0!