[Winpcap-users] Delay and jitter

David Chang dchang at fsautomation.com
Wed Nov 29 22:42:08 GMT 2006

Antonio,

Each packet header (struct pcap_pkthdr) has a struct timeval in it, so you should be able to get the packet time down to the microsecond.

If you're looking for a substitute for gettimeofday() in Windows, I suggest GetSystemTimeAsFileTime() if you need an actual date or QueryPerformanceCounter() if you just need the number of ticks since the server has been running.

DC