[Winpcap-users] Error while compiling Winpcap Source Code

Troy Pierce mqx at low-axs.net
Mon Oct 9 18:52:13 GMT 2006

Hello there,

I'm trying to compile the source code of winpcap and I'm getting always
the same error:

------ Rebuild All started: Project: libpcap, Configuration: Release
REMOTE Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'libpcap',
configuration 'Release REMOTE|Win32'
Compiling...
scanner.c
scanner.l(266) : error C2065: 'PPPOED' : undeclared identifier
scanner.l(267) : error C2065: 'PPPOES' : undeclared identifier
savefile.c
pcap.c
pcap-win32.c
optimize.c
nametoaddr.c
inet_pton.c
inet_net.c
inet_aton.c
inet.c
grammar.c
getservent.c
getnetent.c
getnetbynm.c
gencode.c
ffs.c
fad-win32.c
etherent.c
bpf_image.c
bpf_filter.c
Generating Code...
Compiling...
bpf_dump.c
Generating Code...
Build log was saved at
"file://d:\winpcap\wpcap\libpcap\Win32\Prj\Release_REMOTE\BuildLog.htm"
libpcap - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I'm using vs2005 using the source files which provides pppoe support:

ethertype.h (v1.14)
gencode.c (v1.260)
gencode.h (v1.66)
grammar.c (compiled using bison)
grammar.y (v1.91)
scanner.c (compiled using flex)
scanner.l (1.103)

I have compiled this before and succeed. Looks like I missing something
here ?
Someone can help me ?

greetz
T. Pierce