[Winpcap-users] Re: detailed rx_errors

Gisle Vanem giva at bgnett.no
Fri Oct 27 03:38:59 GMT 2006

> sourceforge.net/projects/libpcap should be updated, right, Gisle?

You mean the "All POSIX.." requirement? Then yes (DOS isn't POSIX).
Or the MSDOS files is missing at sourceforge? I've always used the cvs
at cvs.tcpdump.org, so I don't know what's missing where.

> Currently, I think the only way to get them is by running some MS-DOS
> variant.

And only by using one of the 32-bit drivers supported by libpcap/MSDOS.
(those drivers are shamelessly stolen and modified from Linux).

BTW. Since most Linux drivers support those detailed errors, why should
  libpcap on Linux support them. There must be a way to get that from the
  kernel (?)

--gv