[Winpcap-users] Windows service dependency issue

shiva ankam shiva_ankam at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 28 17:34:02 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have a service that is using Winpcap 3.1. I added nm (Nework Monitor)
service to its dependencies so that it will not timeout when starting up.

But, this is not even sarting the service on windows versions which do not
have the 'nm' service (for eg. Windows NT 4.0). Event log reports error
saying 'dependent service does not exist'.

Is there any known workaround for this issue? Is there anyway I can get
around this whole dependency issue?

Thanks for your help,
Shiva