[Winpcap-users] Problem with repetitive calls to pcap_findalldevs

Balazs, Monika monika.balazs at siemensvdo.com
Tue Oct 31 14:50:18 GMT 2006

My application calls an open function in which it's stated the open
adaptor sequence of winpcap comands including pcap_findalldevs.
Afterward it is implemented in a different thread the functionality of
listening on the selected adaptor and the functionality of stop
listening.
I've observed that after following the sequence listen-stop-listen my
application crashes. Following  the bug in debug the following steps
happen:
    -    pcap_findalldevs
    - > pcap_add_if_win32
    - > add_or_find_if
    - > pcap_open_live

And he is trying to open a generic adaptor descovered by findalldevs and
crashes...

My  question is why this happens the second time I call pcap_findalldevs
when I had already closed the adaptor in the call of stop listening..is
this a problem with Winpcap or with my code...

Thanks a lot for any info
Moni