[Winpcap-users] WinPcap utility from Flash Drive

TERRY DEGLOW tldeglow at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 21:17:40 GMT 2006

Group:

  I am a new user and member of the winpcap group.  I am currently studying network administration.

  I would like to use some of the WinPcap-enabled products from a flash drive, including WireShark and nmap.

  If WinPcap is 'installed' not just unzipped and placed in the same directory as WireShark or nmap, the main executable will not work, claiming that there is a .dll not available.

  On the other hand, if WinPcap is 'installed' [probably with one or more Registry entries] an unzipped and uninstalled WireShark will work just fine.

  Most of the computers that I have access to only grant restricted privileges, so I can not 'install' any program.

  Is there a workaround?

  Thanks in advance.

  WestCoast101