[Winpcap-users] how to add wav header to rtp packets I receive?

Vic svictor at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Sep 6 23:53:53 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am using Winpcap to capture RTP packets.
I want to add a wav header to it.I cannot really pre-append a header at the very beginning because I do not know the length of the wave file until I I get all RTP packets...

So, right now, after I dump the whole capture to the file, I write header into a separate file and then copy the dumped RTP into that file as well.

So, it is: WINPCAP->FILE A, HEADER-> FILE B, FILE A->FILE B.

This is really inefficient and eats a lot of memory. How can I pre-append a wav header to the file being dumped by winpcap?

Is there a function in winpcap that will allow me to define this ahead of time and just let winpcap take care of this?

Thanks,
Vic