[Winpcap-users] IP Fragmentation

Alessandro Baldisserri bujia at libero.it
Fri Sep 15 12:41:51 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm developing an application based on wonpcap library. I want to analyze HTTP traffic incoming and outcoming from a network device.
I need a confirm of what I understand of winpcap :
- if I want to analyze TCP stream and consequential HTTP payload I have to implement my self a simil TCP/IP stack... what I say is that packet that I receive is IP packet that may be fragmented, it's right?
- so if i want to obtain TCP datagram I have to eventually re-assembly IP fragment that arrives separately, it's right?

I need a confirm of this.

Thank's for your answers and sorry for my bad English...

Bye,
Alessandro