[Winpcap-users] provide a message from a program

Steffen Röttig steff_privat at t-online.de
Wed Sep 20 16:41:58 GMT 2006

> I think here you are basically using the side effect of WinPcap by
> which sent packets are looped back and received. Please *don't* do
> that. You do not want to pollute the network with your packets (there
> are a lot of other reasons not to do that). Did I understand correctly?
hmmm.... the tool is often uses on notebooks. but i think so, too.
> Writing a virtual miniport is definitely not the best solution, it can
> be quite a lot of work. The best solution is modifying wpcap.dll or
> packet.dll (the sources of WinPcap are freely available on the web) to
> add support for another packet provider. Packet.dll already receives
> packets from different sources, the NPF driver, the AirPcap driver,
> Endace cards.
this is my diploma and i don't know if is allowed to modify the dlls.
And i don't know if it is so good, because of versions or something
else. i consent your opinion about the work for the virtual miniport.
but is this not the best solution for a longer time?
> Where do the packets come from, exactly? A file? Some custom device?
this tool has a COM-Interface. i don't know more about the COM-Interface
currently.
> Hope it helps
of course :-)

regards steffen