[Winpcap-users] Is is possible to receive EAP packet without promiscuous mode?

bugtraq bugtraq at 163.com
Thu Sep 21 07:05:09 GMT 2006

Hi,

I want to use Winpcap to implement a 802.1x client.
The client must be able to receive EAP packet from switch.
For Cisco switches, the destination MAC Address of EAP packet is 01-80-C2-00-00-02.
In order to receive such packets, shall I set the Winpcap to work in promiscuous mode?

In other words, is there a way to receive such EAP packets without
promiscuous mode(with winpcap or other libraries)?

thanks.

--
bugtraq <bugtraq at 163.com>