[Winpcap-users] (no subject)

Howe, Jess jess.howe at viasat.com
Mon Sep 25 13:07:51 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am developing a virtual miniport driver that basically has an NDIS
upper edge, and a WDM lower edge. During normal operation everything
works fine; packets are sent and received correctly. However, when I
load up ethereal or windump and start capturing, it appears that
ethereal and windump see all the packets, but the apps don't. For
example, I can ping a remote computer just fine when ethereal isn't
running, but when it is capturing, ethereal sees the ping requests and
replies, but the actual ping program just keeps timing out. Any idea
what can cause this? I am using ethereal 0.99 and winpcap 3.1.

Thanks,

Jess