[Winpcap-users] help ... fill struct lpPacket

Steffen Röttig steff_privat at t-online.de
Wed Sep 27 14:45:11 GMT 2006

Hello,

i have created a fake device in the packet.dll, so that it is listed
after "findalldevs()" on a sniffer.

now i have to implement what happens after calling
"PacketReceivePacket()" from "wpcap.dll"!
therefor i check the adaptername in this function.
if the adaptername equals with my fake adaptername, so i want fetch a
packet (data) from a
buffer and put it into the parameter (struct) lpPacket.
non sniffer displaying packets with my solution.
how can i create a packet for internal use? respectively how can i fill
the struct lpPacket?
it is not so easy with the struct bpf_hdr and so on.

have anyone knowledge in this section?

regards
steffen