[Winpcap-users] (no subject)

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Wed Apr 25 01:04:02 GMT 2007

On Apr 24, 2007, at 1:49 AM, Goran Štrok wrote:
> I would ask, how to install libpcap, which is needed for pcap
> programing. I use libpcap-0.9.5 from web, try to configure it (with:
> gcc ./configure). Then give me on screen this error:

>  I use win2000 and gcc.

If you want to install libpcap from the libpcap source, the first
thing you need to install on your machine is one of

	Linux;

	{Free,Net,Open,DragonFly}BSD;

	Solaris.

I.e., libpcap is UN*X-only; if you want to use Windows, you need
WinPcap.  (Well, there's some MS-DOS support - but there's no MS-DOS
in W2K, and that doesn't work with autoconf etc. in any case.)