[Winpcap-users] WinPcap problems building MSI Packages

Girard Willi, Bedag Willi.Girard at bedag.ch
Tue Aug 14 08:29:00 GMT 2007

Hi you all

I got a problem in package winpcap and wireshark into MSI packages. I
did a capture of the winpcap setup. Then with winpcap installed I did
another capture of the wireshark setup. After the capture I started
wireshark and everything worked fine. After compiling the both MSI
packages (one is winpcap and one is wireshark) an install them on my
test machine everything seems to be fine and I didn't see any errors
during the installation period. But when I start wireshark I cannot see
any interfaces.

Im shure that this is a problem of winpcap cause if I install winpcap
from my MSI package and then start the normal wireshark setup, the setup
couldn't find any installed version of winpcap!

I think it is the same problem like in this post:
http://www.winpcap.org/pipermail/winpcap-users/2007-April/001815.html
(but i didnt change some dll or something else in the WinPcap captured
MSI package)

Did anyone have the same problem and know a workaround?

Thank you in advance!

-Will