[Winpcap-users] Strange timestamp distribution while, sniffingPPP-connections (RAS via netmonitor)

Mark Bednarczyk voytechs at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 13:21:05 GMT 2007

Packets are buffered before sending out any network interface. This allows
packets to be transmitted even if the output interface is busy sending
packets before it. If the buffer is completely filled, then new packets are
dropped. It doesn't sound like this is what's happing in your case. Just a
little bit of latency while packets are being transmitted over a slower
medium aka. your PPP interface.

On unix you would use "netstat -i"  to debug something like this, on windows
netstat -e is the closest I can think of.

Cheers,
mark...