[Winpcap-users] missing usb adsl connection

ceo ceo at triplebit.com
Sat Dec 1 14:07:58 GMT 2007

Hi all,
I usually use my NAT router for communication and Winpcap works fine.
Trying to connect with usb adsl modem fails since the following code doen't see it - it sees just the Ethernet adapter.  I tryed with Ethereal and I could sniff the modem easily. This code is taken from the examples following the product.
Can someone help please
Thanks
I. lesher

    /* Retrieve the device list on the local machine */
    if (pcap_findalldevs_ex(PCAP_SRC_IF_STRING, NULL, &alldevs, errbuf) == -1)
    {
        fprintf(stderr,"Error in pcap_findalldevs: %s\n", errbuf);
        exit(1);
    }

    /* Print the list */
    for(d=alldevs; d; d=d->next)
    {
        printf("%d. %s", ++i, d->name);
        if (d->description)
            printf(" (%s)\n", d->description);
        else
            printf(" (No description available)\n");
    }