[Winpcap-users] MODE_STAT

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Fri Dec 7 21:55:30 GMT 2007

The timestamp is generated when the stat reports are computed in the driver.

While in the callback function, the packets are buffered by the kernel buffer managed by the WinPcap kernel driver, npf.sys. In particular, if you are in statistical mode, packets are not actually buffered at all, the driver receives the packets from the OS, updates the statistics and releases the packet. This update is completely independent from the callback function.