[Winpcap-users] rc 192 on read

Betsy Riggins epriggin at us.ibm.com
Sat Feb 10 01:10:06 GMT 2007

Using 4.0 alpha 1 and have found that if I disable the adapter or pull the
ethernet wire, I start getting error code 192 from pcap_geterr when
pcap_next_ex gets a -1 rc. This is not surprising but when I re-enabled
the card or plug the ethernet wire back in, I continue to get 192 errors
on subsequent reads.

        a) What does the 192 mean?
        b) Is there some action (other than stopping and restarting) that
I can take (programaticly) to recover from this situation?

Also, I downloaded WinPcap 4.0 to upgrade to see if this issue had been
resolved (www.winpcap.org/install/bin/WpdPack_4_0.zip) but wpcap.lib
appears to not be packaged in the zip file. The documentation still states
that it is in the developers pack : "Set the options of the linker to
include the wpcap.lib library file. wpcap.lib can be found in the WinPcap
developer's pack. " from
http://www.winpcap.org/docs/docs_40/html/group__wpcapsamps.html
        so I wondering if I downloaded the wrong thing or if the linking
instructions have changed.