[Winpcap-users] memory leak in pcap_findalldevs_ex?

Demetrio Megali demetrio at mediaplan.it
Wed Feb 14 08:35:48 GMT 2007

"net start npf" tell me that the service is already running.
packet.dll              version: 3.1.0.27
wanpacket.dll        version: 3.1.0.27
wpcap.dll              version: 3.1.0.27
npf.sys                 version: 3.1.0.27
I'm using winpcap 3 because winpcap 4 doesn't detect my wireless adapter and my ethernet adapter.
I tried winpcap 4 beta that detect my wireless adapter and my ethernet adapter and the problem is the same the memory usage increase of 8KB and the v.m. usage increase of 30KB every time i call findalldevs_ex.  I have windows xp professional sp2 installed on my machine.
Marvell yukon Gigabit ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter, Copper RJ-45 (as ethernet adapter).
802.11b USB Wireless LAN Adapter (as wlan adapter).
Is there a method to unload the dll from memory or something else?
Some devices for example the usb modem was detected by findalldevs_ex only after the effective connection and autentication, what can i do to detect these devices without increase the memory usage of my application?