[Winpcap-users] Covert Installation

Loris Degioanni loris.degioanni at cacetech.com
Tue Jan 23 17:09:47 GMT 2007

matthew wollenweber wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a pen-tester and I've been trying to get winpcap to install covertly
> as possible. I had hoped that I could pull apart the install .exe and
> figure out what was needed and where. Unfortunately, that hasn't worked
> out just write.
>
> So my question is essentially, how do I manually install winpcap --
> assuming no GUI?

WinPcap from winpcap.org is meant to be installed through the installer
it's provided with it.
CACE Technologies offers a commercial version, called WinPcap Pro, that
doesn't require to be installed, you can find details at
http://www.cacetech.com/products/winpcap_professional.htm.
If you're using standard open sources tools like nmap or wireshark, The
Network Toolkit packages them with WinPcap pro so that they can be used
from a CD or a USB pen.

Loris