[Winpcap-users] send packet to the network problem.

eddie harari eddie_harari at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 23:23:54 GMT 2007

Hi all ,

  I have winpcap installed on cygwin ( win XP sp II platform ) .
  everything works fine , and i can even monitor my wireless network ( with my HP laptop built in WIFI  connection ).

  My problem is as follows:

 1. I am not sure that i am able to send packets on this card using winpcap.

   I am able to make a packet buffer which is a correct sequance of bytes containing the Ethernet 14 byte header , the IP header and the ICMP header and data ( echo request ).

 however, when i run a sniffer  on the destination to see if it gets my packet, i see nothing. ( I dont get the packet on the destination.

 when i sniff the network on the host that sends the packet ( my laptop ) , I see the packet and I see that the packet is correct ( headers ,checksums etc...).

  I am not sure if i should be able to do that on a wi-fi connection or not ?

  Is there a way to insert such packet to the wi-fi network using winpcap ?
  I was able to do that using RAW Socket interface , but i much prefer the win pcap interface...

 thanks ,

 Eddie.

Never Miss an Email