[Winpcap-users] send packet to the network problem.

eddie harari eddie_harari at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 02:48:31 GMT 2007

no I have not , but i think i solved the problem. ( not completly but i understand when it happens).
( thogh it is 04:38 here and i kind of seing 01010010101 only).

but here is what i think:

 when i send a packet to the network with my  own MAC & IP , it works great.
 when i send a packet to the network with fake MAC & fake IP other computers on the network
 dont see this packet .

 when i send a packet to the network with my own MAC but FAKE IP , it works also and other computers see this packet on the network and the computer which needs to get this packet does get it !

 so basically what i am saying is that other computers do not get packets that comes from fake MAC ,
 even if it is one of the MAC addresses that exsists on the net.

  I do not remember what an OS should do when it get a packet to it's IP when it comes from MAC it does not have in it's arp table. ( I assumed it should not care ) however i see that every time i spoof a mac the packet does not get to it's destination.

thanks ,
Eddie.

 i am working with a simple linksys AP , no security features, no wep or other encryption.

does anyone know if this is somekind of defense method ? should a computer compare each packets src mac ?
is the AP checking for MAC spoofing by default ?