[Winpcap-users] wincap along with IM driver

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Wed Jul 11 17:14:45 GMT 2007

WinPcap is another protocol driver that works in parallel to the other protocols like TCP/IP. So it will sit on top of the IM driver and there shouldn't be any problem (if the IM driver is well written and it's not some NDIS hook thing). Wrt performance, you might have a performance hit when you capture, for the simple reason that you are capturing packets and bringing them to the sniffing application.

Have you encountered problems using WinPcap over an IM driver? Can you please provide more details?