[Winpcap-users] RE: protocol filtering

swetha borra swethaborra at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 07:00:21 GMT 2007

Yes.I am using a winpcap based applicaiton...the incoming packets have the proprietary protocol type number. Based on that number i want to parse the packet and display it as with the corresponding protocol name.

  regarding the filtering, i want to view only this proprietary protocol packets. So, question is in which part of winpcap code do i need to incorporate my changes?

  One more thing is, the NIC card that i want to sniff receives HDLC packets also. Does winpcap discards this packets??