[Winpcap-users] hello

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Thu Jul 19 18:07:14 GMT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "willy martin" <willy.martin at alcatel-lucent.fr>
To: <winpcap-users at winpcap.org>; "Willy MARTIN"
<Willy.Martin at alcatel-lucent.fr>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:39 AM
Subject: [Winpcap-users] hello

> hello everybody,
> I have to deploy silently Winpcap 4.0.1 in the compagny i work, but it
> seems that the /s option is disabled since april 2007.
> i know that there is a "no-gui" version of winpcap 3.5 but the questions
> is :
> Is anyone know something about a no-gui mode for the winpcap 4.0.1
> installer ?
> or is it possible to have a version without the /s option disabled ??
> Thanks for reading my questions.

The silent installer has been "retired" last year (uhm, probably even before
that) mainly due to the number of problems reported by the users, namely
conflicting installations of WinPcap and similar (e.g. an installer silently
installing WinPcap version X when WinPcap version Y was already installed,
thus possibly breaking existing installations that were using WinPcap
version Y).