[Winpcap-users] Problem on Vista x64

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Wed Jun 6 01:07:39 GMT 2007

Hany,

I think I know the source of the problem. Have you started the command prompt (where you run nmap) with elevated privileges, i.e. right-clicking on the link and choosing "run as administrator"?

I think you are hitting UAC: even you are an administrator, you are running in a restricted security context that doesn't allow you to start the winpcap driver.