[Winpcap-users] Using winpcap on a VPN

Gaming Mouse gaming_mouse at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 06:15:26 GMT 2007

Hi,

I am using winpcap (via jpcap) to try to sniff packets being sent over a
VPN.  I have a simple test program that works fine and captures all
traffic when I am using my wireless connection with no VPN.  In this
case, I choose the device id corresponding to my wireless card.
However, if I run the VPN and choose the device id for the dialup
adapter, I get a message saying that the device cannot be opened.

How can I make this work?

Thanks,
gm