[Winpcap-users] Strangest thing ever !!! Captures only TCP 3-wayhandshake negotiation and not any data ?!?

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Thu May 3 22:39:43 GMT 2007

The only thing that comes to my mind is TCP offloading directly on the board
(and this seems to be confirmed by the broadcom specs on the web). And it's
entirely possible that all the TCP offloading logic (in the OS, broadcom
driver and card) is smart enough to offload only the traffic generated by
some application (e.g. IE) rather that another (e.g. telnet and the user
typing letters on the keyboard).

The only suggestion that comes to my mind is to try to disable the TCP
offload engine on the board.

Hope it helps