[Winpcap-users] pcap_next_ex is not updating the pointer to pcap_pkthdr structure

Renato Araújo Ferreira marina.peixe at terra.com.br
Wed Nov 7 05:01:09 GMT 2007

Hello,

Im using 'pcap_next_ex()' to receive the packets in a loop, but i found a problem. A lot of packets appeared to be the same length and timestamp, but Im sure that that value was wrong, confirmed in wireshark (great tool).

Looking for a solution, I found this strange behavior:

  struct pcap_pkthdr* Header;
  const u_char* Data;
  while( (Results = pcap_next_ex( PcapHandler, &Header, &Data)) >= 0 )

In the code above, I can see in the debug mode that 'Data' pointer address are updated all the time, while 'Header' return a repeated address value many times. 'Header' pointer are updated only some times.

Could someone help me?

thanks,

Renato....