[Winpcap-users] I can't seem to read more than 16 bytes from an offline file

Isaacks, John H john.isaacks at eds.com
Fri Oct 12 21:01:44 GMT 2007

I'm trying to read a captured ethereal file ( pcap ).
My code used to work fine, but now doesn't work on any of my machines.
I was using 3.1 but I have installed lastest 4.0.1 on my pc and I get the same results as before.
I have reverted to simple readfile.c example and the const struct pcap_pkthdr *header->caplen is always 16 bytes ( 0x10 )
I even tried the readfile_ex.c version and I get the same 16 bytes as the caplen.

John Isaacks
EDS - ITMS Production support
MS 216
3450 Lakeside Dr