[Winpcap-users] pcap_compile leak?

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Fri Oct 26 00:53:37 GMT 2007

On Sep 26, 2007, at 7:32 AM, Paul Heil wrote:

> So, the problem isn't that I've forgotten to release memory in my
> code, it's a register leak in the PCAP code?

Yes.  I've checked a fix (assuming that the AirPcap devices supply
radiotap headers; this problem only shows up when capturing on a
device that supplies radiotap headers or reading a capture file with
radiotap headers) into the main, 1.0, and x.9 libpcap branches.  That
will presumably show up in some future WinPcap release.