[Winpcap-users] Problems in compiling WinPcap

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Tue Sep 11 06:48:53 GMT 2007

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Varuna De Silva
  To: winpcap-users at winpcap.org
  Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 6:00 AM
  Subject: [Winpcap-users] Problems in compiling WinPcap

  Hi,

  With reference to the earlier message, I next changed the Configuration type to
  release REMOTE NO AIRPCAP type and there I get the following warning and error
  message

  Error    2    fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '../libpcap/win32/prj/release_REMOTE/libpcap.lib'    wpcap

I think it's a dependency problem in the wpcap.dll project. At the moment the easiest workaround is to download the AirPcap developer's pack from

http://www.cacetech.com/support/downloads.htm

Otherwise, first compile the libpcap REMOTE release build configuration and then the wpcap release REMOTE NO AIRPCAP one.

  When I changed the configuration to Debug REMOTE NO AIRPCAP  I get

  Warning    1    warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/WARN:0'; ignored    wpcap
  Warning    2    warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/FORCE' specification    wpcap
  Error    3    fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\..\Common\Packet.lib'    wpcap
  Error    4    fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'wpcap.lib'    rpcapd

You need to compile packet.dll (packetntx folder) in order to correctly link wpcap.dll

Let me know if this fixes your problem.

  I am not interested in Remote capture or Aircap support or DAG support at the moment.

  Thanks

  Xavier