[Winpcap-users] How to compile and link my own C/C++ file to compiled wpcap.dll

Varuna De Silva varunax at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 05:45:12 GMT 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the help so far, I really appreciate it, cause I am no expert of
Visual Studio.

I tried to compile the Sample programs given in the winpcap developers
pack. There was this been given to when tried to compile basic_dump.c

Error    1    fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'LIBCD.lib'
basic_dump

I tried to build all but the same message. But I was able to compile every
other
sample and it worked fine.

Now to compile this we require the libraries to be in the Lib folder of the
developers pack. But as I compile wpcap.dll from the source the library
files that
are generated (wpcap.lib and packet.lib) is in the winpcap folder. I need to
compile
it since I have to add support to our device in pcap-W32.c and have our own
pcap-???.c in which we have a ???_pcap_open_live() function in it .

Now I want to write my own c/c++ code and make use of the wpcap.dll, That is

to set the device names and this will be my main program. Where should I
place
this file. and how can I make use of the newly compiled wpcap.dll in my
program
(In other words how can i make use of the newly generated lib files)

Shall I create project with all the other samples and copy paste the newly
generated libraries, if not kindly guide me to a much professional approach.

Thanks alot

Xavier