[Winpcap-users] NetMon version

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Wed Sep 19 16:28:35 GMT 2007

Rick,

WinPcap installs the version of NetMon that is physically available on a standard Windows 2000/XP/2003 system (but has not been installed by the Windows setup process). In case of Windows XP it's 2.0. The WinPcap installer doesn't physically contain the netmon installation files, we use the ones available on the machine.

I have never tried myself, but I think that if you have Netmon 3.x installed, WinPcap will just leave that version installed (i.e. it doesn't revert to an older version).

I hope this answers your questions