[Winpcap-users] Performance issues

popa andrei popaaaandrei at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 13:30:51 GMT 2008

Hello again,
After trying several projects in VC2008, I found out what went wrong. I was updating a ListBox / ListView control with information about packets, just ip protocol and tcp port, without any other packet data. After 1000 entries I called clear() method but that didn't do any garbage collection and the control gained a lot of memory. After 10 mins the program had 500MB Memory Used :D  So, I got rid of the control and the application performed really good, consuming only 20MB and <10 processor.
Thank you.