[Winpcap-users] Timestamp accuracy question

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Tue Apr 22 15:44:55 GMT 2008

In this case I would probably modify the WinPcap driver to return the original timestamps returned by QueryPerformanceCounter so that computing such difference gives meaningful results.
Recompiling the driver is not too difficult, what you need is the windows driver kit (WDK) available at connect.microsoft.com. The only problem you might encounter is if you need to run your custom compiled driver on Vista x64 or Win2008 x64 (in this case the driver must be signed in order for the OS to load it).

PS: please always reply to the mailing list alias, and not to me directly, thanks.